We are always working towards improving the gameplay environment. This includes providing stable network experience for our players. You all know that we have implemented ping based matchmaking system that has shown great results but we didn’t want to stop there.
One of the solutions we are considering is operating servers so that only those players who reside in that region can connect and play. These servers will be made invisible to players residing in other regions. But, at the same time, if a player in an exclusive server region forms a team with a player from another region, they can connect to and play on any of the servers available to either of them.
Through this new approach we are aiming to provide a better gameplay experience as it will improve network issues and help with linguistic barriers. We are going to run a limited test of this approach as more detailed research and analysis should come before global application.
After the updates made to this test build are proven to be stable, they will be applied to the live servers. We will announce the timeline for the live server update soon.
Please leave your feedback in the relevant section on our Official Forum : LINK[forums.playbattlegrounds.com]
- KR/JP joint server is now separated into KR server and JP server
- Leaderboard for both KR Server and JP server are added
- KR/JP players will be able to see and play on the server for their respective regions
- Those who can see neither KR sever, nor JP server, can only play in KR/JP server if they team up with a player who can see KR/JP server
Weapons skin system
- Players can select skins for each weapon
- Weapon skin system UI
- Each weapon category is arranged in alphabetical order
- Weapons can be categorized as follows:
- Acquired: arranged in chronological order of acquisition
- Equipped: arranged in chronological order of last time equipped
- Tier: arranged according to skin tier (descending order)
- You can check details about the equipped skin using VIEW MORE button
- How to equip weapon skins
- You can use WEAPONS section in CUSTOMIZATION menu to equip the skin of your choice
- The ways to acquire weapon skins
- You can acquire weapon skins either through paid crate (“Triumph Crate”), which is a weekly random crate or “Raider crate”, which is a free non-random crate
- New free/paid weapon skin crates are added
- We will be providing 100,000 BP, 20x Weapon Cosmetic keys, 20x Early Bird keys, 10x Triumph Crates to all test accounts to test the stability of the system
- New paid crate “Triumph” is a weekly random crate, and the drop rate is 20%.
- Triumph Crate can be unlocked using Weapon Cosmetic Key, which can be purchased through Steam market
- There are 2 rare bonus sets that can also be an acquired alongside single skins
- The drop rate of each crate is as follows
- Survivor: 10%
- Wanderer: 10%
- Biker: 20%
- Desperado: 10%
- Militia: 20%
- Fever: 10%
- Players can get the new free crate (“Raider”) separately with 100% drop rate
- “Raider” doesn’t need a key to unlock
- The drop rate for the new free/paid crate are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where the refresh button on the friends list would take you to the team tab when players are in a team
- Fixed an issue where when players leave the vehicle and the vehicle is positioned right next to the window of a building, players would go into the building through the window when getting out off the vehicle
- Fixed an issue where during server instability, when exiting a slow moving vehicle, the players would be treated as if they were hit by their own vehicle